Van Tours – Ribatejo horses
Ribatejo is known for its equestrian culture, a lot of the traditions and gastronomy are linked to this equestrian world. In this we will show you a part of this culture, by visiting two horse breeds from Portugal. We begin by visiting Santarém city with great equestrian tradition, where we visit the old town and the Castel with a magnificent view over the Lezíria to better know and understand the history of this area. We continue south, across the River Tagus, to Alpiarça and visit the Reserve of the Sorraia Horse, an indigenous primitive Equine breed of this area. We conclude, with a visit to one of the main Farms of the region, where you will firstly visit it in carriage, drove by two beautiful, white Lusitano horses, then know the stud farm where they breed Lusitanos horses and finish tasting the extraordinary wine of the farm.
- Pick up at the hotel
- Water for the trip.
- Monitoring by experienced guides
- Personal accident and liability insurance.
- Entry and guided tour in the Sorraia horse reserve with one of the handlers
- Carriage ride in to visit the farm
- Tasting of 3 wines accompanied by olive oil, bread and typical spicy sausage