6 days / 5 nights
The Tagus River is one of the main Portuguese rivers, which passes through the region of Lisbon and Ribatejo. It is a source of prosperity because of fishing, boat access to Lisbon, rich soils and abundant water for agriculture. This led the culture of the people in the surroundings of the river, to undergo a strong influence out of this factores, visible in the rich and varied gastronomy.
We suggest a trip to follow the wealth of the Tagus river, through the Intangible Heritage of Humanity, which is the Mediterranean cuisine. Discover in the table, traditional dishes of these regions, meet their wines, their cultural, and the connection with the history, nature and agriculture.
- Travel and liability insurance.
- 5 nights in the described accommodation in double room with BB regime
- Transfers to and from all the places mentioned in the route.
- Safari in the Natural Reserve of the Tagus Estuary.
- Boat trip on the Tagus.
- Entry in Real Falconry, Rural Museum and the Wine Cartaxo.
- Guided tour to the Natural Salinas de Rio Maior.
- Lunch and dinner of day 2,
- Wine Tasting on day 4 in Cartaxo Winery.
- Visit to the historic farmhouse, with horse-drawn carriage tour and wine tasting on day 5.
- Food expenses except those mentioned in included;
- Personal expenses;
- Additional expenses that have not been previously agreed.